Friday, May 15, 2020

Great Sitkin Volcano welcomes you!

I made it!

Today I welcome you to the Great Sitkin Volcano on Great Sitkin Island. Her summit sits at 5,709 feet as she rises to meet the sun.  The link that is underlined and in color will bring you to learning more about her from the Alaska Volcano Observatory. Just helping you homeschooling parents out with Geography and Science class today.

AVO Image

Photos can be very deceiving when there is nothing for size comparison. This helicopter .... it looks like a miniature mosquito!

AVO Image


From here on in I am going to cheat a little. 

I am not going to hike down this mountain. I'm going to hop from the peak of this one to the same level of the next mountain. That in itself is a feat! It's a 501 foot hop over to the next volcano. 

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment