Monday, April 20, 2020

He may have lost me ...

I have a space in that bedroom we were working on in February.

For those who may know this house, this is the bedroom that is at the back of the house. There was one window that faced the carport which we have completely enclosed, causing fire escape issues. So, we added another window that exits to the back patio. All indirect sunlight but sunlight it is!

It isn't done done done, but it is done!

I have a place to play ... although the sewing machine has still gone to the kitchen table .. once. Will see if I eventually start sewing in here but for now .... the desk top is covered with "office" kind of stuff.

I'll share more posts with you about how I did some of these things, but the most important thing I want you all to know is that nearly everything in here was recycled. The only things that I purchased in order to put this room together were the wood for the desk top and the colorful little buckets (minus the wire handles and paint that I added from my stash) that came from Ikea for pretty much dirt cheap. Everything else ... I already had.


This wasn't my plan exactly, but I can't get the things I really wanted in this era of pandemic. Maybe someday I'll find them at a yard sale. I'll have to share Jari's office space with you sometime, but I wanted the same type of cabinet we got for him from Ikea. First I hunted everywhere and couldn't find used, then I decided I was going to buy them at Ikea ... and Ikea is closed and has no shipping to any address in Arizona. That settled it and I had to get creative. Creative ended up costing less than ONE cabinet at Ikea would have cost me. And I'm about the penny pinching thing. I'm not quite my mother-in-law penny pincher, but I like to save a nickel and get what I want.


Planners and pens and notebooks and computers and most importantly, a Wifi booster that gets me some pretty good internet connection in this room. 


And then there is color. I don't know what I need all those colored pencils for but I must have used them for something or another at some time. Paint brushes, markers, highlighters and my all time favorites ... colored ultra fine point Sharpies in every color imaginable.


He may have lost me to this room. I can't wait to add some plants and colorful works of positive inspiration to a few places. Maybe my magnetic board will become my dream board. Now ... that's an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment