Saturday, May 30, 2020

Insulation!!

Our initial plan was to do this ourselves.
We planned on spending an entire day blowing this stuff in.
We priced, figured out we needed to probably rent a U-Haul to get it all here .... all that good stuff.
We still have some more valuable than gold these days N95 masks that would keep our lungs safe.

And then hubby talked to someone who knew someone.
I have to tell you that I would recommend these guys in 13 seconds flat. 
They were here at 7:30 a.m. and done at 9:30. 
Four guys spraying while we watched and giggled. I think I can safely use the word giggled
The price was a no brainer for us and it was pure delight to watch that insulation fly up that hose into the attic.


And then they were done. 


13 inches of beautiful insulating fluff covered the attic that had become hubby's second home for months.

We spent that afternoon and the next day waiting for the air conditioner to kick on. Mind you, it was a cooler week which we took into consideration. We did have one week where the temps went over 100 and the a.c. ran ALL afternoon. Now ... it wasn't kicking on for HOURS!

I might be the only person in the Valley of the Sun anxiously awaiting my APS bills this summer. This house has thick block exterior walls, large patios, new air conditioner and ducting, new insulation. Next months electric bill should be a good assessment of the benefit of all this work, as long as the outside temps stay pretty much true to last years. Do it once and do it right and hopefully it takes care of us well into retirement. That's the hope!

If I could do cartwheels .... I'd be flipping them all over the place!

If you want a recommendation for the company ... drop me a line and I'll get it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment