Tuesday, September 17, 2013

my beautiful daughter

is off honeymooning on Maui after a busy week and wedding day.
I wish I had a million pictures to share with you, but I don't.
I learned something about being the mother of the bride.
It was more important to me that her day be everything she dreamed of
than it was for me to run around taking hundreds of pictures.
The pictures exist somewhere on someone's camera ... just not mine.

The wedding party photos were shot on Friday afternoon.
Anna gets ready to walk down the aisle for the first glance of her groom.


Grandpa and Grandma Kuoppala were able to come for the wedding.


Three of my sisters, along with my niece Heidi, came to town for the weekend as well.
There will never be enough words to express my gratitude for all they did. Never.
It was so much fun to share time with them.


A wee bit on the serious side ....


Remember ... the pictures on my camera are limited so please forgive the fact that Brock is looking off elsewhere.
I think they're growing up!


There are so many details to live and relive.
So many fun moments.
Moments to reflect on the things that didn't quite go as planned.
Last night I learned something and it had me chuckling off and on all day today.
The bride and her father took a long time to come through the doors into the church.
It was long enough that the her entrance music was over before she made it to the front of the church.
Maybe part of it was they weren't sure when to start walking.
The other part makes my heart melt and was worth the last moments of silence.
Dad was back in the foyer walking around the back of Anna's dress ....
 "fluffing" it into perfection before they walked down the aisle.

Silence at the end of that walk down the aisle is well worth the mental picture I will always have. 
The picture of a bride's father doing the last thing he can for her before he walks her down the aisle.
The walk that takes her from his home to the home of another for the rest of her life.
The organist might not agree with me .... but the silence is well worth the picture I have in my mind.

I'll share more pictures with you when I have some to share!

4 comments:

  1. Fun to see a few pictures - will be fun to see more, then when you have a chance to post them! :) Looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni - I'm still waiting to see them myself! Makes me nearly itchy with anticipation!

      Delete
  2. Such a good idea to take photos on Friday. Dan & Jolene did the same thing and it certainly relieves some of the stress come Saturday. It was a very nice wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! Anna was actually able to lay down and take a nap on Saturday which was really nice. After a crazy busy week filled with friends and frenzy, it was certainly nice to have the pictures done the day before.

      Delete