Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Baby books full of baby bliss

A little over a year ago I posted about the project I was undertaking with my treasured children's keepsakes. That post is here if you want to go check it out.

Over the past year, I managed to get two of the kids books printed and then I just got busy with a few other things in my world.

Although I am a great fan of Shutterfly, I am not a great fan of spending money. Coupons here we come. I had free books expiring the last day of this month and figured it was time to get them done. Tia's book was scanned the other week to join the ones that were already done.

I seriously thought the last child was going to be royally ripped off in the photo department and was pleasantly surprised by what I actually had accomplished. I packed guilt away a long time and just went with what was done. Wasn't about to start finishing things like adding pages all the way to graduation. That would have been fun but .. not.

Last weekend I spent mega hours on the computer and got the last of them done!!

I know I may need a magnifying glass at some point to see them. And when that happens, I'm likely to grumble something fierce. By then I'll probably be grumping and grumbling about something anyway .. what's one more thing.

So today my bookshelf has these lined up on it. 5 skinny (some skinnier than others) little books full of sweet munchkin love. And although I'm sort of nostalgic ... I feel not one ounce of bad giving up the originals. In fact .. I feel great passing them along.


Each cover has the "official" 2 week baby picture. Are you of the age to remember the photo plans at Olan Mills? I hauled kids there for years! Two week old little love off to the photo studio. Good thing my kids were born back then!


Really, all the other books I order from Shutterfly are black. Black books. Black pages. I wanted something different for these. And I'm happy with them.


A quick peak at a page or two from the inside ..


I have another photo book project going on at the moment as well. I have a trusty assistant that is scanning pages for me on that one. She scans and I create on Shutterfly. She scans more ... I add more. They're getting there! More space saving, magnifying glass needing, memory capturing books are going to be lining my shelves as 3-ring binders hit the trash. 'Tis the year of the photo!

I counted 3 ring binders that need to be scanned before pitching. We started at 13. Not all of them will go to Shutterfly. Some will actually become shared documents via google with my siblings. Others will hopefully play in a slideshow at some point in my living room. Others are full of stuff that gets saved but could just as easily living in Google documents somewhere and be accessed as needed. But we're talking feet of space on shelves and in boxes ... which equals hours of scanning work.

Then some year we will get to the photo boxes and the photos stored on cd's and the photos on hard drives and the photos .....

This digital age is sometimes overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment