Monday, January 22, 2018

one thing at a time

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent Van Gogh


I have the cutest little journal this year. Well, the journal may not be so cute but I think the doodles and colors are cute. I like the idea of celebrating accomplishments each week ... celebrating little ones. The power of the little checked off box.

I thought when I started it that I could easily accomplish the goals I had set. They were completely realistic in my opinion. What was I thinking?!

Here I am ... on week three ... and the page for this week is missing some of its possible color. I'll share little bits of the journal later, but one goal I have for this year is organization. That means cleaning out stuff. That means cleaning out stuff before other duties interfere with the cleaning. I thought I could fill box upon box and haul it off to a donation spot. One needs to be home to do that and is especially helpful if one feels good. Seriously helps. So far this year has not been conducive to that. It's bound to get better I'm sure.

Alyx was over the other day and I unloaded things on her. Several things left the house that I no longer need. My flour canister was among those things. I don't buy flour in 25 pound bags anymore. I rarely make bread and, if I do, it is one loaf of something. So I downsized to something that I think will hold 10 pounds. The big bad bread bowl that I haven't needed or used for years?  Not sure I'm ready for that to leave so it might be on a goal list for 2019. We shall see.

At least one thing left the house this week!

And I hauled in at least 5 things to replace it. Go. Figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment