Wednesday, May 9, 2018

May Day

May Day:

May 1, celebrated in many countries as a traditional springtime festival or as an international day honoring workers.


The other kind of May Day derives from the French "m'aidez", pronounced "mayDAY," and means literally "help me."


We had our first experiences with Uber recently. My first solo experience was on May Day of all days! A whole lot cheaper than renting a car to get to and from work when sharing a car was impossible on some days. All cars are now out of shops and back where they belong ... keys in the hands they should be in.

My driver was most responsible and a very good driver. I can't recall when I've ever been in a vehicle that doesn't go one mile over the speed limit. Not even in the HOV lane. He couldn't find the address I had requested he pick me up at but I walked to meet him. He was a kindly young man and it worked out well.

Do have to say that I texted hubby enroute (because we share the app) to ask him if he could track my progress. He got a little nervous until I assured him it was sort of like googling a question ... just curious.

I'm baffled that people will pay this kind of money to drive across town to see a movie. Will hire Uber to move them 10 houses down the street because they're too drunk to walk. On the other hand ... hats off to the drivers who will drive the drunks home and keep them off the roads. Serious hats off to them!

Now that it's a week later .... should have taken the May Day driver to deliver May Day baskets!

Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment