Monday, March 25, 2019

carlsbad on a sunday

Following a hotel breakfast which was one of those continental things that can fill your belly without satisfying the palette, we headed into Carlsbad to explore.
Scenery pictures are scarce, but it was hours of just meandering and enjoying.


We have spent many years splitting cinnamon rolls in half with a cup of coffee. Each. A. Cup. Of. Coffee. Or maybe a pot. JB's was the place on Sunday evening for a long time with friends and this was our traditional thing. Glaze and Grind did not disappoint!


An absolute beautiful day to put miles on the sneakers.


At one point I found one of those blue awnings announcing MASSAGE behind a door. I ventured in. Jari was sort of like, "you really want to go here?!" Yup. I did. It wasn't quite this spa. It was the much cheaper version. I'm not even sure they use massage lotion, but an hour well spent anyway while he wandered.


Love me a train station. Anytime. Anywhere.


I didn't try the phone. I'm not sure I'd know how to use it anymore. I could probably figure out how to pump the coins in and push the buttons to dial, but the numbers? That's the problem. Life has come to the point of Favorites in the cell phone. I don't remember numbers anymore. I use to be very good at that. Numbers have been replaced with a million passwords for everything imaginable.


 I can't call it shopping as I only left this part of Carlsbad with one little bag. I'd call it browsing and enjoying the dreaming.


A wee bit of ocean to tease.


Had it not been so chilly, I might have been tempted to rent a jet ski at a lagoon. Either Arizona blood runs in my veins now or it was just that chilly, but the thought of getting wet without a wetsuit just wasn't appealing. 



Did you say more food?! A short drive from our hotel, while the fingers did the walking on maps, we found the Tin Leaf Kitchen where we thoroughly enjoyed yet another sampling of salmon with some incredibly spicy green beans.


Sunday was put to rest and we look forward to tomorrow .....

No comments:

Post a Comment