Wednesday, March 20, 2019

seaside saturday

Sometimes you find the best places just by chance.
If you're in the area, or are even relatively close, it is worth the drive to Solana Beach for breakfast at Claire's on Cedros. Darling restaurant and coffee house with fantastic food. No pictures of this, but a number of children were there with parents. They walked in with their blankets and wrapped up. Sweet stuff.


I'm not sure what we did all day but I do know that we are now well acquainted with the Outlet Mall in Carlsbad ... and maybe the Shopping Center as well. I don't know what it is we needed, but the bags certainly came home with us.

And then there is the beach.
If I could live near water, I would.
Just to breath.


I think I remember a quite lovely nap sometime during the day.
There may have been a few chapters of my book.
A totally relaxing kind of existence.

Followed by another taste test that passed with flying colors.
King's Fish House was a delight.
We are lovers of seafood .... can you tell?!



It has been many years since we last did this.
Just wander wherever we felt like going.
Eat wherever it struck our fancy to eat.
Enjoy each other and leave the entire world behind somewhere.

Life gets in the way sometimes, but it is time to start carving out more times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment