Monday, April 22, 2019

taking a break

I have loved the springtime this year.
The temperature has been cool.
The pollen is creating allergies where there never were before 
and yet I am loathe to close the windows while Jari sneezes and drips.
With windows open at both sides of the house, the curtains just fly with the breeze.
It doesn't get much better than sitting outside in the morning with my coffee.
The chickens are squawking, the birds are busy building nests in the trees,
laundry is sometimes still and other times billowing.
Life is so good out there on that porch.


My backyard is a place where the chickens live, 
the compost does its thing and the garden hopefully grows. 
It is also where I am working on crafting wood projects but I can't seem to take a picture to share.
It (and the front yard!) is a place where little boys hunt for treasures with their shovels.
It is where little boys move wood piles around when and where it suits them.


Sometimes, after working so hard, it is just the place for a pulla break.

No comments:

Post a Comment