Thursday, March 5, 2020

Little loves

Here they are!
My precious grandcharmers.

Anna rolled into town last Saturday evening after trekking across the country. We thought she was driving alone with her kids and had no clue that she had extras on her ride. Bridget had hopped in with her three littles as well!!

We have had some times of kids not getting along so well. Is it the ages of these kiddos that make togetherness a treat right now? I don't know what it is, but I love it! Sunday they were all here and it was laughter ringing everywhere. Thankfully, I have a yard that is a great place for them to play. There are 7 boys in that group and 5 are old enough to appreciate a shovel mixed with dirt.

Paisley wasn't feeling so well and was not cooperating with the attempt to get a picture of all of them.
And, of course, I didn't notice all the shadows until we were past done with the business.
God bless photographers who can make a tribe like this sit still for a minute.


Yogurt ... oh yeah, I got this!


Landscape rock, transformers and cars. 
Is there really a need for anything else in life?


I don't think you can understand the depth of my appreciation for this home of ours.

This is what I want. This is what I need.
Okay, sometimes I really just might need complete silence and other times it might just be a nap.
Other than that, what I really want is the ability for my grandchildren to play here. To be children here. To explore. To create. To live as children ought to live. Creatively and at one with the earth God gave us to use.

These three heads are the firstborns of three of our children. I share the firstborn thing with them. I wonder if they will all be alpha children. Each of them has siblings. Each of them walks by a littler one having a momentary problem/challenge and soothes. Each one will have, or already has,  frustrations galore when their projects are interrupted. Each one is going to be an example for the younger ones. They just don't know it yet.


For now, their job is to play.

Imagine how fast 20 years flies by in life.
20 years from now I'm going to sit them down in the dirt and retake this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment