Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Whew!!


Just in case this is difficult to read ... it says:

empty spaces. fresh palettes.
ready for inspiration and creativity mixed in with
a little pinterest
and a whole lot of elbow grease.

come see me in april!

This is our third bedroom that I have nicknamed the Dungeon because it was so dark.
You have to know me just a little bit.
I would live in a place where no windows were covered, the doors wide open and sunlight streamed in everywhere.
I really wouldn't care if I ate dinner with the sun shining in my eyes.
So .. dark spaces aren't my thing.

This room has lost its angled/sloping ceiling which I really didn't mind but hubby did.
We added a window to make it a legal bedroom (at least I thought it needed one) as the existing window now faces an enclosed carport.
That window will never see direct sunlight but it will get light!
Can you just see plants of some kind hanging in front of that window? Or maybe a desk that goes all the way from wall to wall?
Seriously. Call it giddy.

I moved boxes of fabric to the garage. There is stuff stowed everywhere else around here for the moment because the room is filled with loved ones for the next 3 weeks!

The ceiling will get scraped clean of popcorn at some point when we are ready to attack it again and the last ceiling fan to be replaced has been sitting in the garage for months. When there's a deal ... you snap it up.

And I get to play in there! I have all kinds of ideas pinned on Pinterest and they are all rather budget conscious ones. A long desk made of pallet wood for example. Getting hubby to bring home pallets from work might be another problem but I'll accomplish it somehow. Then there is the dust collecting black Ikea furniture. I am so over dust! Do I replace it with something else that costs another half an arm or leg? Or ... do I chalk paint it white? Or .... this is how it goes folks. Lots of those thinking and dreaming moments.

Can't wait to get started and share with you!

That white cabinet thing? A queen size murphy bed that has storage on the bottom for most of the bedding and pillows. Serious lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment