Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy 50th Birthday Jari!

I've been telling Jari for a while now that he should take a jaunt to Minnesota.
Just a quick jaunt to see his folks.
Several days before Christmas we found some plane tickets that
were to sweet to pass up and I decided to join him on his jaunt.
He wanted to surprise Mummu and Pappa ....
and I thought I'd surprise him a bit.
 
Thankfully we missed the bitter cold.
The air was warm even if slightly breezy at times.
Jari's words when we got off the plane were
"Feels like home!"
 

 When dear hubby went to take a nap on Friday, we gals hustled into the kitchen.
It has been a long time since I made a taytekakku working alongside Mummu.
What a treat it was.
 

We had a gathering of just family ... with the exception of one person.
We were doing good until that one person showed up.
At that point, Jari looked at me and said something like,
"You're going into the snowbank!"
They really were having a good time ... even if the pictures turned out not so good!
 



Today is Jari's actual birthday.
Today he celebrates half a century of living
and over a quarter of a century living with me.
Simply amazing.
Somedays we feel like we're reaching these numbers ...
other days I would say not.
But then again, I really wouldn't know.
I'm not there yet.
 
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment