Monday, May 26, 2014

21.52 motivational monday

Opportunities are often things you haven't noticed
the first time around.
- Catherine Deneuve
 

Don't we all have these opportunites that we miss or take for granted?
I am sure that I am not alone in that.
An opportunity passed by that someone else seizes upon
perhaps a generation later?
 
Latch on to the opportunities when you can
for you never know if they'll be available later on.
This past week we spent several days in eastern Texas with family
as my uncle Lauri, my dad's only brother, was laid to rest.
Yes, there would have been plenty of opportunities to visit
while he still lived. While his daughter, my cousin, Mona was still alive.
Both are now gone and so are the opportunities to spend time with them.
I cannot explain my days in Texas.
I'm not sure there are adequate words to describe the feeling
of family mixed with Southern hospitality and kindness.
It's time to make opportunities happen ...
not wait for them or watch them as they pass on by.
 
Now for another blog visiting opportunity ...


No comments:

Post a Comment