Friday, April 27, 2018

chillin' at the lake

I don't have a backup camera in my car so I'm not accustomed to this view.
Bartlett Lake is only 48% full of water.
We needed some lake time.

That adds up to myself backing in the boat ... which looks like a bloomin' ship from this angle!


It IS only April. I know. But it was over 90 degrees on the way there.
Gets kind of toasty in the sun. However .... not nearly toasty enough to take a plunge.
Not even close.
My toes were numb after only a few minutes.
Yes ... I'm a wimp.
I dunked my shirt in the lake and then had to wait for a good long while to put it on.


Mr. Hubs got a hold of my phone while Tia and I went for a walk. Seriously, I regret not saving all the selfies my young children took of themselves. They would have made the best little flip books. If you have young ones who do that with your phone ... save them in a file someplace. Just for me. Sometimes I think I should make one of this guy. The grandkids would love it.


We have had a cheap metal detector for years. Once in a great while it comes out of the garage and gets turned on. Probably once every 5 years or so. Being as Bartlett has so much beach right now, I've been hankering to get out there and see if anything turns up. Things turned up today ... soda cans, soda can tops, barbed wire, more cans, nails, long pieces of some angled metal. That's about it. We didn't find a treasure that will secure our old age retirement, but we did have fun looking. In fact ... I've left said detector and the shovel in the boat. Mindless treasure hunting that is totally relaxing together time.


Mr and myself.


Us. Enjoying a perfectly beautiful morning.


This weekend all of us are traveling. Some of us to different states ... all of us seeing dear family.
I'll be here with pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment