Monday, April 30, 2018

missing pieces of the past

I miss my address book. The kind where you wrote names in pencil because some people moved so often. All I needed to do was grab the lovely little book and it had all the important addresses I needed. There is the church address book, but not all the addresses I need are in there. 

I went to mail some cards and a package last week and the package was no problem. That one I have memorized. The cards? Serious problem.

I've done this before. I head to GroupMe for the latest address updates. Then to Facebook family pages to see if the one I need is located there. Still nothing. Like serious! What am I suppose to do?! The file of Christmas card addresses isn't on the computer as far as I can tell. Must have moved it somewhere. Out comes the external hard drive.


Prayefully, I hook that thing up and see what I can find and voila! A Christmas card list from 2011. Okay. Not so up to date but the addresses I need haven't changed since then.

Serious. I was missing that little book so much. I do have an address book. It is full of passwords because that is what life is now. Maybe I should get a new one and fill it with family addresses and passwords.

Instead, I went to google to see how easy it is to print labels from Google Sheets. Looks fairly easy enough. So, I printed that 2011 list and transferred all the addresses off that thing onto a Google Sheet. The bright side is that it is accessible on my phone or computer or wherever I happen to be.

Now I just need to add about 100 more addresses to that thing and I'll be golden!

Until someone moves again and I don't update the list.
Then I'm back to square one again.

Can you believe we are saying goodbye to April today?
I might be in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment