Wednesday, August 22, 2018

july in minnesota .. the end

Another afternoon spent in Litchfield. As we have been given the opportunity to travel to Minnesota, and only God knows the number of days our dear parents have left with us, we shared a great afternoon with Pekka & Laina. 

I have taken to napping for 30 minutes in the car as we drive again. Next to the main reason for our trip to Minnesota.

This organ.

I play, although I don't play as many I love to listen to. And I've never played in this church. Level of sound ... anxiety about pushing and pulling organ stops ... I might have just been almost sick. In the middle of my panic, I came up with a plan. Being as I've never figured out how to work the presets, I picked up stickers from Target and labeled both great and swell stops for each song. The ones that were going to send me into a panic. Yellow for the bridal party. Pink for ... of course the bride! And green for Go .. or the recessional. I think it worked. It was an honor to be asked and I think this is the last time that Tia's song will be played at a wedding. We should be good.


My beautiful daughter, Tia, who played an important part in Emilee's special day. We couldn't be happier for Em.


Wishing you a life of blessings Mr. & Mrs. Laho.


Following the wedding, we headed for yet another home and another bed at Becky & Wayne's. More visits, more laughs and maybe even a little sleep.

Anna & Paisley joined us and we breakfasted in Elk River at the Olde Main Eatery. Don't you just want to climb in the 'puter and squish those cheeks?! Anna took off driving to Williston and we headed to church in Elk River. I was there last year for the first Christmas Sunday School program but hadn't been there since. Sound?! Oh. My. Goodness. I think the music there must be what Heaven sounds like.


Lunch with the pros in the kitchen. Brian deep frying fish caught in a variety of places, including Canada. Bethany is the pico de gallo pro and her veggie chopping skills might be a blue ribbon winner.

Meanwhile, the grill outside was being manned by Wayne & Fred. Seriously good Minnesota sweet corn. I think I might make it through the year now .. just barely. I really should have taken a picture of my plate. I need to start doing that. If nothing else, to make your stomach growl. More visits with more dear people ....


... and it's flight time again!


We drag ourselves in the door, set our alarms, pour our tired carcasses into the sheets and get ready to face Monday morning again.

We both enjoy our work, but sometimes I wonder what retirement will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment