Monday, July 1, 2019

june comes to an end

A quick date nite at the W.
It was a different W that saw many date nites for many years, but why not right?


We happened into Costco on Father's Day for some quick stuff for a family day.
At the end of the aisle was one lone upright large tool chest waiting for us. The only one in the store. 
It went home with us that day and dear hubby has been organizing in spare moments.
It looks as though once or twice, maybe more, a tool couldn't be found and a replacement was purchased. Think so? I love the color of this drawer ....


As I love the color of my organizing as well.
One corner at a time.
One color at a time.


This past week we also lost a dear woman from this life. She has gained eternal victory and will be dearly missed here on earth. A group of people got together to sing and visit. 

I dearly wish my oldest son was able to be here. She was his second mom and his words of love break my heart. She taught us many things about life, love, faith, persistence and motherhood. She was also a character in many ways. I know that I have some priceless video of her.


I have patients whose lives and social schedules revolve around offices such as this. When nearly two hours is spent in waiting, I must say I develop a whole new empathy for them.


It got hot this week. It was warm before, but now it is hot. We have some bits of traveling coming up, and don't like to sit in the sun ourselves, so gave the ladies a little more shade over the weekend. This scene isn't making it into Country Living (my fave magazine ever) but the gals are a little happier. 


Getting warm outside means that afternoons can be spent indoors doing some of this kind thing. This wreath was started a year ago or more. It is another one of those "oh my ... what have I done" projects. I worked on it ... Alyx worked on it ... I worked on it some more. It is made of at least a million circles cut from unwanted white bedsheets. I don't recommend this undertaking.  It was not going to be done for last November, so I parked it away. It came back out this week and is done with the exception of embellishments. Any color preferences for embellishments?


We have spent our weekend with some precious visits. Dinner with Juha & Annette at Rock Springs Cafe on Friday evening. And serious baby snuggles at Darren & Gwen's Saturday evening. Aren't these identical little cherubs just the sweetest? I made a serious study to see if next time I can tell them apart. Any bets? My memory circuits are a bit overloaded, but I think I can do it!


Have a great week everyone! We will be traveling and haven't a clue what to pack. Looks like an umbrella for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment