Monday, July 8, 2019

O little star of Christmas

Unwanted ceiling fan blades can make the best little projects. I found these on Pinterest (link found here) and decided to try use up some of those pieces taking up space. If they didn't work, I didn't have anything but play time invested. Worst case scenario .... I could turn them into something else, right?

So months ago I started working on the band saw. That shiny nice thing that showed up for Christmas. I filled a box with oodles (at least it felt like it!) of little cut out things from scraps of wood. As I've found a moment here or there, I attack one project at a time and try get them to a point where I can bring them all to a group of willing ladies in the fall. They can whip out the final details on them in no time flat.


If you don't work with wood, you probably don't understand the amount of time we spend sanding things. And sanding things. And sanding things. I do have the best sander I've ever owned and recently hubby found some much cheaper sanding discs on Amazon that I am now using. They work like a dream and save wee bits of money. I have an aversion to hand sanding and do as little as possible.


Then the fun part. In order to make these 3 dimensional stars, they needed this little notch cut out to fit them together. I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't work, but it did!!


I had pieces that fit together like a glove for the most part!
And the weekend came to an end, other duties called my name and they went back into the box in the garage.

The following weekend I hauled them out.

I very much enjoy multi-tasking nearly everything in life. So these got a dab of glue ...


they got set to dry while I went and took paint remover to a dresser out in the garage.
I haven't used paint remover in years ... I still don't like it. Just so ya know.


They dried inside and then moved outside (to a well ventilated area in case you had any concerns about my brain cells!) to get some spray paint applied to them.




O Little Star of Christmas ....

No comments:

Post a Comment