Thursday, September 13, 2012

the whirlwind around here

I finally had an evening to sit down at the computer. Look through a few pictures and maybe even get to the world of blog. Was busy reading a few and catching up on the new stuff in other folk' worlds when hubby says, "If I go wet my hair, will you give me a haircut before I go in the shower?" Shucks. How can you not say yes when Sunday my text message from him on the way home from Mother's Camp included this photo? Roast complete with potatoes and carrots. Delish!!

Or when his text message on Wednesday, when I was on the way home from work, read: Dinner is done.
Yup. I'll give a hair cut.

It has been a busy week. Last Friday morning I had a 7:30 a.m. meeting at work and directly afterward, headed off to Mother's Camp. We spent the afternoon in Prescott going from the mall to downtown, browsing and laughing. Then off to Kamp to make sure we got lower bunks. Couldn't imagine climbing ladders to get to a bed. The thought of climbing off the top bunk in the middle of the night for a run to the can was even less desirable. The weekend was wonderful. Cool air at night and warm discussions both day and half the night. Refreshed and happily ready to come home. Ready to work at the issues I feel in my world. Oh, I'm such a fortunate woman. To have so many people I can call my friends. To know that so many have walked a path similar to mine and today they have beautiful smiles on their faces. To have a beautiful family to come home to. Oh, yes, I am incredibly fortunate.

Monday was a long day with a bit of visiting in the evening.

Tuesday ... another long day. Came home from work to switch clothes and brush the teeth. Didn't even have time to inhale a peanut butter jelly sandwich before heading straight to the church for a meeting and then home to more visiting.

Wednesdays I don't work until the afternoon and usually for no more than 3 or 4 hours. That means bills, mail piles, laundry, mom jobs in the morning. Then to Bible Class in the evening. Dare I admit that I actually took two (2) naps on Wednesday?

Today another work day and I'm feeling comatose. My back needs a heating pad and some serious couch time. The 15 pound lead apron I've worn this week tends to get a bit heavy after hours and hours. I'm still trying to screw up some courage to try some squats wearing that thing. Am a bit fearful I won't ever get back up again. The thought has kept me standing straight and tall up to this point.

Tomorrow will be soon enough to attack the other part of my duties and responsibilities. The ones that I've voluntarily added to my world .. English and Math. And I'm seriously considering classes for myself?! I think I'm nuts.

The refrigerator has milk that expired 2 days ago, leftovers from last week and not much else.
Perhaps I should include grocery shopping to one of my days sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Some year I'm going to make it down there for Mother's Camp. I'll even take the top bunk. ;)