Saturday, July 6, 2013

This week ....

I have grabbed a few moments of listening here and there. 
My current listening is Eye of the Red Tsar by Sam Eastland.

The main character in this book is a Finn named Pekkala who was the Romanov's most trusted investigator. It is fun and annoying at the same time to hear names like Turku mispronounced.

While I have not studied Russian history, and can't remember the stories Aunt Martta had to tell,
I think I am deciding that I'd like to learn more.

Reading with my eyes rather than my ears has been more of the Nursing Management kind of reading. Same with writing.

Tia is taking an online English class in summer school. We are working on some things together and I surprise myself.

Perhaps my reading choices will change after this week. The current listen is usually not on my list of choices, so who knows! Last weekend we spent a great deal of time absorbing To Kill a Mockingbird. This weekend ... it is Romeo and Juliet.

No wonder I can't make it to the grocery store and we're down to using napkins instead of toilet paper in the bathroom. I'm glued to interesting reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment