Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm feeling it!

Did you know that I can play with the times that I post this? Like, I don't stay up to post at 3:00 a.m. every Friday morning. And here you thought I was being so diligent all year long. So, tonight when I'm done here and I hit the pubish button, the time is true. Although which time zone it thinks I'm in is another matter.
 
I really can't believe it myself.
 
Yesterday was one of those days. Dear Hubby had texted me on Thursday at work asking what I had planned for Friday. School work was the plan. Nothing but getting that out of the way. The plan changed in a hurry when he said I was scheduled for a massage in the morning. Really??!! I'll get right on that one and skip the school stuff. After all, life is so often about priorities, right?
 
I did manage that massage and found out why I am in agony and sitting against a heating pad all the time. I need some serious trigger point massages. I probably need it even more so after what I did next. Off to shop ... one store after another ... accomplishing little missions. During my driving, I got a call asking if we would host the HAPs Christmas party. It was suppose to be at Kevin & Janet's but he was being released from the hospital ... only one day after the neurosurgeons did their work! Sure, why not? We love them kids. Home to wrap gifts that still weren't shipped. Shoot! Until that point, they weren't even bought! Clean the house with help. Off to the post office and Costco. Home again and off again. Anna & Wylon had us over for dinner.
 
Oh. My. Goodness. Delicious!! This picture is from the last time we were there for dinner. Love watching those two work in the kitchen together. So fun. Have me over anytime ... I'll bring the dessert and next time, I'll even bring the Coke for Jari!


We celebrated Tia's 17th birthday ... bad photos and all!
Happy Birthday to my Princess who next year celebrates a golden birthday with entry into adulthood.
I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

 
Home to a houseful of Christmas cheer! They said they would bring everything .. and did they! The kitchen was busy cooking when I walked in the door and the house was rather full. There was a point in my life where I wasn't sure I could handle this age. We really and truly love them. I especially love the fact that they don't mind piling into a small place and taking up every inch of floor space. I love that we will slowly get to know all of them. I want them always to feel welcome here ......


even if it means that I'm crashed out on the couch the next night at 7:30 because I can't keep my eyes open. I'm starting to feel these creeping upward numbers called aging. I did do the laundry today, wrote a paper, posted discussion questions and tried to stay awake through most of it. Serious. Jari and I both had the same problems.

So, the next time .... I'll plan on being up until 2:00 a.m. and take a nap in the afternoon so I'm not feeling jet lagged the next day. That's what it feels like! And worth every tired moment.

Tomorrow morning I really need to be awake. My fingers need to be hitting the ivory keys at 9:00 a.m. sharp for Sunday School program practice. Church at 10:30. Glendale Sunday School program at 4:00 pm and then dinner (supper ... in case Dad is reading this). Move the bodies on back to Cave Creek for the next Sunday School program at 7:00 p.m. I think I can squeeze in a nap between 1:00 and 3:00 unless life has another plan for my day.

Now it is once again 1:55 a.m. and I really need to get myself off to the land of sugarplums where I hope to see visions of UPS doing a delivery from Amazon. Like, seriously, where is that package?!

We've experienced sadness this week and we've experienced joy.
Isn't that what keeps us going?
One tempers the other.
For without joy, the sadness would be overwhelming.
Without sadness we wouldn't appreciate the joy.

'Night all. Enjoy the season and the festivities.
Take a moment to enjoy the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment