Friday, June 10, 2016

1,969 easy strawberry cake recipes

I have that many pins on Pinterest.
Over half of them are on one secret board.
Don't ask me why.
I really should move them.

One evening the other week we were getting some company after going out for dinner and I had that random thought ... Pinterest!

I whipped up a light, refreshing, simple dessert that I'm going to share. Can you believe it? I bet you thought we had completely quit eating over here. I haven't shared anything foodie related in forever! We eat. I can assure you.

This recipe may become my favorite in the summer. Easy to have the ingredients in the freezer and on hand. Super easy to put together. Tastes yummy too!


I don't know how to do fancy printable versions of recipes on here, but I sure do know how to link it! The Easiest Strawberry Cake recipe can be found can be found here.

For anyone else ... here goes!

The Easiest Strawberry Cake Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 ring Angel Food Cake (store-bought)
  • 1 large pkg. Strawberry Jello
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 small container frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
  • 1 large pkg. frozen strawberries (the kind that also have juice, not whole frozen berries)
Instructions
  1. Break 1/2 of the angel food cake in to chunks and put in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
  2. Mix Jello in a bowl with 2 cups boiling water.
  3. Add strawberries immediately and stir.
  4. Stir in spoonfuls of Cool Whip until well mixed.
  5. Spoon 1/2 mixture over angel food cake in dish.
  6. Repeat layers and set in refrigerator for several hours.
  7. Cut in to squares and serve immediately.

I changed it up and used 1 small package of jello, a rectangle angel food cake and a smaller frozen strawberry container. And then to make it even more confusing .... I put it in a bundt pan and flipped it out when it was done.

And then I proceeded to eat half the cake. That is always a great indicator.

Let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. It’s toooo Awesome!!! thanks for sharing this wonderful article… very beneficiery tips, You are given in this article...
    Same Awesome cakes are also available on CakenGifts.in

    ReplyDelete