Monday, March 12, 2018

piles and piles

I have been on a mission for the past several months.
I am trying to clean out stuff.
Where does all this stuff come from?
I really haven't a clue.
All I know is that it multiplies faster than gray hairs on my head.

Paper.
I probably have the equivalent of a forest stored in boxes.
My goal (starting last Friday through next weekend) was to get rid of 5 boxes out of the garage.
I tend to make lists that are rarely achievable ... figured that one might be attainable.
After a jaunt to the IRS website so I knew what I needed to save, 
and another visit just to double check, I started going through boxes.
I do have a shredder, but apparently there is somewhere I can drop off a bankers box for $7 and 
have them do all the dirty work.

These boxes have been stored in a garage for the last 6 years or so.
One garage (not the present one) had scorpions in it.
So .... just in case those buggers had survived ... the boxes stayed outside.


Six boxes to recycle.
Two boxes of nursing books.
Another box of miscellaneous stuff that I need to decide what to do with.
But ... drumroll please .... the trunk is full and ready to shred!


The file cabinet is cleaned out.
This purging activity is so much fun that even Jari joined in and added to the pile.

That other box?
It has things like family history pages, old medical records and that kind of stuff.
Most of it probably scannable and stored in the great big cloud somewhere in the sky.

And this little charmer.


Just never know what is lurking around hidden in cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment