Friday, June 8, 2018

ear wax is not my thing

Dear hubby has a problem with ear wax. Only one ear has the problem, the other seems to drain just fine. That one ear can be a serious bugger. If we regularly use ear candles, it prevents the almond size clumps of ear wax. Apparently, we hadn't been doing those regularly. He got to the point where he couldn't hear anything out of that ear last week. Well .... he really complained about it for several weeks. We have these trusty little ear drop things that are suppose to loosen the wax. He really didn't want to use them because it takes about 4 days of ear draining to get that clump out. I sort of insisted.

Now I want to know who on earth is suppose to be able to read this thing. The little person who isn't old enough to use it yet and can't even pronounce the words maybe? I had to take a picture of it and then zoom in on it to see what the dickens it said. I'm sure the instructions in the box had large print but who keeps the box?! Not me. After reading, and insisting, I put drops in that nagging ear, followed by a cotton ball for the night.


The following morning proved to be problem. Now he felt like he was under water. I know that feeling and it's miserable. So he started flushing and flushing and flushing with saline and then warm water. After quite a lengthy session of that business, it was my job to see if anything came lose.

No headlamps exist in this house anymore. I'm trying to use my phone's flashlight and work at the same time. Not a good idea. Next plan worked fairly well! This lovely pen has a light on the end of it. Do the "mom" thing. Hold it in your mouth and aim the light inside the ear. Take the closed end of the bobby pin and started pulling ... and pulling ... and pulling. I could see what I was pulling. I was NOT blindly digging. Just makin' sure you know that. He already can't hear what I'm mumbling half the time ... don't need that any worse any faster than it is naturally coming my way.


I'm typically not a squeamish person. I can discuss any kind of bodily functions over my dinner plate without a problem. Children's vomit gets to me but I learned the coffee ground trick and can handle that usually without a problem. I'm afraid I was drooling around that penlight while I gagged and gagged.

The crud that eventually all was removed wasn't quite almond size but getting downright close.

I'm seriously thinking I should buy a case of 100 ear candles and keep them at the ready. Pretty soon I'm not going to be able to see anything and I really don't feel like a repeat. Not anytime soon.

That's my disgusting story for the week/month/year I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment