Friday, June 15, 2018

night stands or side tables

Another Pinterest find. Sorry, I am not including the link in this one. 
#1 I cant find it.
#2 The instructions left much to the imagination of the builder.
Super cute and I wanted several of them.


It took some figuring to get this one to work. And then dear hubby wanted to put it all together at the work night and I said no. The legs needed to be painted. The top needed to be stained. And they needed to be done separately. Sorry guys!

 Isn't this little helper just the cutest? I'm betting he's going to have some mad skills when he's older.

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to post this picture. But this is real. My beautiful wine cabinet (for the person who never imbibes) houses paint and drills. Whatever. It works. I've run out of space in the house for things like sofa or entry tables. They are now living outdoors.

The guys put together 3 of these for me. I asked for 2 and got 3 because lumber still existed and why not use it up?! Absolutely! 

After putting them together ... we were not satisfied. The entire thing was much too wobbly for our liking. If an adult uses it gently .. okay. Not okay if it was going to end up in someone's living room with a houseful of activity. So hubby put his thinking cap on ... and made some braces for the legs.


I just realized that you can't even see the brace in this photo! It is painted white just as the rest of the base is. The streaks across the top are rays of ever warming sunshine.


I like it!

To be honest ... my instructions wouldn't be any better than the ones I didn't have. The legs were a bit of a bugger but so worth it! Another set of nightstand/side tables will be on my next guys' night list. Just a little less complicated in the leg department.

This table also required a little modification in another way. We are building these for a fundraising effort. The instructions called for lumber that was very cost prohibitive. If the project costs more to build than I can sell it for .... I may as well skip the crafting and go on vacation, right? So we modify as we need to ... still producing good quality products at a cost that yet ensures a little profit.

It might be a minute or months until the next ones are done. People are leaving the valley in droves for the summer and the workforce is dwindling.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment