Monday, June 4, 2018

memorial day

I'm a lazy one.
I don't go to the National Memorial Cemetery.
I did go once ... I get cranky anywhere when it's too warm outside.
Maybe that isn't right, but my cranky isn't worth it.
Nor do we leave town on holiday weekends.
Everybody and their brother is trying to do the same thing and I don't like traffic.
So why, you ask, do I live in a huge metropolis?
Good question.

Alyx came over early on Monday with Dominic and then Tarron joined us later with Sebastian.

This was our days activity.
I do have some cute video of music making which I'll save for a video show when he's 30.
These two were actually playing together which is a rarity.
Dominic sort of likes his mom the bestest.


Do you notice the little bits of white threads on the couch?
Tain't nothing compared to what it looks like right now.
I'll show you why later.


Homemade potato salad along with all the other Memorial Day barbeque goodies.

Most importantly, a special belated thanks (at least in this posting) to all those who have served our country. To all those who continue to serve. Thanks to the families and loved ones of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms so that we can enjoy days like today where we pause and remember. Above all else, thanks be to God for His goodness, mercy and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment