Monday, June 11, 2018

spool book shelf

Did I share this photo with you before? I am a member of some Facebook local sale sites. Usually, they frustrate me to no end and I buy nothing. What happens is that they crosspost on multiple sites and, invariably, the item I am drooling over is gone before I can get to it. This time, these spools were listed for a good long while. I dreamed about them and then finally found a minute when hubby was available with the truck. Off we went and filled the back of that bugger.

He loves when I do this kind of stuff. Fill the yard with more projects that might just need his help ...


I have been dreaming of making this little bookshelf for probably a year now. Until I finally found the instructions .... for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it was done. Special thanks to Emily at Our house now a home for helping me figure this out!


The evening before we went to Kipa several weeks ago, we had a guys' craft nite. Yes, crafting for Desert Bloom Market is underway. If a lot of people do a little over a lot of time .... hopefully, a few aren't pulling their hair out in the last month. I have tools galore and a hubby who helps with anything I ask for help with. The problem is that I am a victim of that alpha oldest child syndrome. Does such a thing exist? I'm a wee bit stubborn and want to figure it out on my own. So, invariably, I spend a lot more time trying to get something accomplished. However, if I bring detailed instructions and photos of what I want accomplished to these guys' nites .... voila! It is done. Maybe not quite that fast and easy ... this little thing was a bugger and I promised I would only ask for one of them.


Look at this magic happening! Can you just visualize me fighting with the piece of plywood?

Okay. That's enough. Quit the chuckles.


It got put together and came home for painting. Paint went on and hubby put some wheels on the bottom for me. It really wouldn't need wheels except that the bottom is a wee bit rough, even though I have sanded and sanded. I don't want any pulled carpet strands or scratched floors inside someone else's home. And ... it also makes moving it around a whole lot easier.


Seriously cute! So, I finished this and said "I want another one!" I think I was kidding but I really do have several more spools to be created into something.


Love it.

I have a daughter who would like two of these stacked on top of each other.
To.
Hold.
Shoes.
She needs to make a Goodwill run.

No comments:

Post a Comment