Monday, July 16, 2018

18 days early

For the past nearly 5 years, my cars have been parked in the sun.
Not a bad thing in the Phoenix winter weather, but summer?!
There is nothing like getting scorched by the seat and the steering wheel.
Sometimes and some places there just isn't an option.
It is scorch season.

My goal was August 1st. I wanted to be parked in the garage by then. Every time I tried to even walk in the garage to find one item, I nearly tripped and got trapped. It was looking sort of doubtful. 

Add husband to the equation ….

and I'm parked in there 18 days early. 


I can walk around the car!!

I think I can find things. At least I shouldn't break a leg doing it. Neither should I end up underneath a mountain of falling totes and boxes. Hopefully. The piece that makes me smile almost as big as a cool car is that I can now find the crafting stuff. The projects that need to be started or completed might just be within reach and findable. To be honest, I was having a bit of anxiety creeping into my life as my treasures were hidden.


The only way I was able to finally park inside was that the photo below had to happen first.

Behind the garage of this house is a carport that was rather full of stuff that needed to be moved out. It left on the 4th of this month, after which Jari moved out the rest that was left behind. He started replacing walls and putting in light switches and outlets where he wanted them. He took down a shop light that was hanging in there and added LED can lights instead that are incredibly easy to install, are flush with the ceiling and ….were on sale on Amazon! A hanging light wouldn't have worked well with his parking in this space with a ladder rack and ladders. Then came the paint. He used up some white paint and installed mounted shelves on one side. The shelves, incidentally, had been previously used as sleeping quarters in the trailer he used for dunes riding. I had been sorely tempted to take them apart and use the 2x4's for some benches but resisted. Good thing!

We have a few things here that we are storing for someone else as well. Have garage? We will fill! Eventually, we will get things more organized and it will all make some sense. No hurry for that one. Perhaps we will wait until it cools off a bit.

In the meantime, hubby has worked his tail off to get this done. Probably sweated out pounds he could ill afford to sweat out. When he is on a mission to get something done … look out! It is getting done!


I do have to tell you something else. Hubby and I share many of the same tools. Don't give me the vehicle fixing stuff. I don't want that. But the other stuff? Oh yeah! I now have a giant air compressor that is easily reachable. I don't need to unlock doors and run air lines across the yard in order to hook up a brad nailer.

I don't need to worry if the wind is blowing dust hither and yon anymore. I can paint and poly to my hearts content inside a closed garage. Except for  Mr. Kitty. I did closed my windows enough that he can't get in there and get cozy. I guess it remains to be seen if he tromps and leaves paw prints across freshly refinished surfaces. That could become a serious problem but I'm sure one that will have an easy to find resolution.

Cool happy dances over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment