Wednesday, July 25, 2018

smart kids

Do you know that I have some super smart kids?
Like seriously.

I buy ground beef from Costco, take the round chunks of meat and shove them in a ziploc bag.
Toss that round hunk into the freezer (unless I brown them first which often happens) and can never get them thawed fast enough for a quick dinner because they're in a hunk. Which would be the reason I brown them first. Which also means that I never have raw meat to make into a hamburger patty.

Insert smart daughter.
She does this.
She doesn't freeze hunks of it.
She uses the ziploc and presses her ground beef into a flat thing that fills the bag.

Smart girl.
Fits in the freezer better for one.

Excuse my sink ... it needs a dose of bleach or comet or something.

And best of all ... drop it into a tub of water to thaw .. and dinner is almost cooked. 
Seriously. So fast.


We had absolutely scrumptious burgers on the grill last week. 
Twice.
Just call me a life long learner over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment