Friday, July 6, 2018

moving stuff

The weekend we planned to start moving in the forecast called for rain and cool weather.
God knows that Jari can't handle the heat and He sent the most beautiful gift ever.
Cool and cloudy with only a few drops of rain.


The trailer we were borrowing wasn't available until Saturday evening so we ran loads with our vehicles first. One after another. 
There are some folks who love moving.
I don't understand you and won't even pretend to.
I get the part of cleaning out junk.
That I get.
The two of us have all too many hobbies and interests.
While I have purged and passed on many treasures, we still have many others.
Like ... 2 sets of china that I use.
I dare not count how many cans of craft paint I moved.

I have to tell you that not once did I hear my hubby complain about any of it.
He is the absolute best.
I chuckled the day I saw a crib wordlessly loaded into the truck and moved.
I don't need a crib.
It is suppose to be made into a bench for market or something.
Same with the load in the photo below. 
Crib springs. An ancient falling apart door that needs a space to live.
He is an absolute gem.


Somehow the joy of moving becomes a serious job when this is your world.


Crafting anyone?


We lived in about 1200 square feet of space and managed to yet host visitors and have a place for them to sleep. I don't really know how, but we managed to fill every nook and cranny with stuff.
It is going to take me a minute to find all the new nooks and crannies.


Every empty shelf is a celebration.


I would seriously like to be a minimalist.
I pine for spaces that almost look barren, yet know that it will drive me nuts within a short time.
Maybe that's why I can't even manage to hang a picture on my present walls.
I'm enjoying the quiet of blank ones right now.


I was really hoping not to move sleeping spaces until my work week was done.
I'm having a hard time physically moving lately and after a long Tuesday at work, 
I really hadn't wanted to add this business to the list.
Jari and Tia wanted to sleep at the new house. They were done. Over it already.
Tuesday morning at about 5:15 a.m., as I was leaving for work, I said something like
"if you want to move beds tonight ..."
I texted him as I was leaving work.
He had a load ready to roll.
I don't know how he got this stuff on the trailer.
I'm guessing he really, really, really wanted to sleep in our new home.
This headboard is downright heavy!!


I might be strange. Might?
I am a serious creature of habit. I do the same thing, in the same order, every morning before work. Once or twice I messed with the routine and left for work without my teeth it. Not. Good.
Seriously, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle a morning before work in a new house!
That's probably really silly.
I managed!

I also am not certain if moving across town or across country is easier.
Our last cross country move was done with very little in tow.
We got rid of a lot of stuff and pretty much took the treasured favorites and things that were too expensive to replace in our last big move.
This moving across town business allows you to keep stuff.
We piled yard sale stuff as we packed, but we moved a lot of stuff.
Stuff.

On the other hand, I now have the time to look at it all as I'm finding new homes for it and make decisions. There is a corner of the dining room that has a growing donation pile. Stuff that just doesn't need to stay with us for another minute, hour or day. Most certainly, not another 32 years.

All of our stuff was moved last weekend and we are done.
I am hoping that the next time we need to do this ... 
it won't be us doing it.
Sorry kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment