Friday, January 18, 2019

Laina's wheat bread


I don't bake bread. I haven't used my nice big metal bread bowl for a number of years for yeasty things. This bread is my favorite. It has honey in it to make it a treat for my taste buds.

I cut the recipe, dumped the ingredients in my trusty and well loved bread machine. Once it was done mixing and raising for a bit ... I put it into my own bread pan and one pie pan for a flat bread, raised again ... and baked.

Serious deliciousness.

Laina's Wheat Bread

4 c boiling water
1 c evaporated milk
2 sticks oleo
2 pkgs dry yeast
1/2 c honey
4 c wheat flour
1 tbsp salt
8 c white flour

Heat water, oleo, salt & honey together in a saucepan. After cooling mixture, add 1 c evaporated milk & yeast dissolved in 1/2 c warm water. Add wheat flour and mix well. Let stir until mixture bubbles. Add white flour, enough to make dough stiff. Let rise. Shape into loaves. Let rise until 1 inch above pans. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.

** I used regular milk and butter instead of evaporated milk and oleo. Nor did I do all this mixing in a saucepan. I just melt my butter, warm the water/milk a bit and dump it all into the bread machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment