Monday, January 21, 2019

What happened last week?

Periods of time that disappear into the past.
Days where you're not exactly sure what the dickens you did.
Hours where you know you could have done something that was lasting.
Then it's gone and and you're left wondering what it was you filled that time with.

This past week.
Sort of one of those.

Monday evening this was us. He worked on contracts. I worked at the sewing machine.
The other week I started cleaning bags out of a closet and was sort of flabbergasted at how many hours of sewing those unfinished projects needed. No time like the present to get going, right? With Pat Conroy's Lord of Disciplines playing in my ears .... thread has been flying off the spool whenever the opportunity presents itself. 


Both Jari and I have been aching something ferious. He overdid it and his back is messed up. I have a hip and lower back that are causing serious angst. I had this great idea. We take that good ol' Ortho Ease into the sauna and try some massages. He is ultra picky on massage therapists and can't find one he likes anywhere. Or he finds one ... waits ten years and can't find her again. After this trial ... I decided the massage table might just be a whole lot easier. Isn't this just the most darling space every?! The man is seriously talented.


I have a week off in March and Jari took that week off as well. Dreaming here we go. Hours spent looking for somewhere to go. Everyday I came home to another idea. Fly to Alaska and go winter halibut/king fishing in Homer. So I start hunting for a yurt to stay in. Then we're going to do Alaska and Hawaii in the same week. Then we're going to a small island in the Bahamas. Every idea he suggests, I'm off researching the hows and wheres. Finding flights, ferries and lodging. The new passports came the other week so the world is available to us. Long flights are not my thing as sitting gets a tad troublesome. So we dreamed .....


 I mean hours and hours on that good old www looking for somewhere. And then came the weekend. The air conditioning/heating guy came over and measured the rooms and layout of the house, taking into consideration the changes we will someday make. The exotic travel plans went out the window and the home project blew right in. No long vacations for us. No Caribbean blue waters. No wintery clothes shopping for colder climates. Maybe a quick jaunt somewhere for a few days to get away .... and we are redoing the ducting in this house instead, along with a whole lot of rewiring and all that kind good stuff. I am seriously anxious to see an electric bill this coming summer after all of it is done. The simple pleasures I'm telling you.

I spent some more time sewing miles of thread into fabric, had some stomach issues (too much bread maybe or pain induced nausea) and then went to the funeral for Pearl Johnson on Saturday. What a classy and kindly woman who had a most beautiful funeral service. Oh my heart aches for the family and loved ones. Once again I am left wondering why I didn't take more time out of my days to visit her. Will I ever learn this lesson?

Alyx was over with the boys in the afternoon. This is the tile in my kitchen and dining area. It has these little white squares sprinkled around between tiles. When Jari's dad was here, he thought I had dropped napkins everywhere and tried picking them up for me. Dominic thinks they are paper pieces. Every. Time. They get a wee bit of coloring action. Every. Time. A different square. Love this little guy!


The house got scrubbed this week.
The bills got paid.
The food is still on the grocery store shelves.
I did some self physical therapy and am walking a little better.
The chickens are spending their last week pooping on my patio ... they have a new mansion.
The bulk trash got picked up ... again!
I tried the mashed potatoes from Costco and am sold.
I have a second evening of Yoga coming up this week with some fun ladies.

And I am one week closer to a houseful of fun visitors the end of February!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment