Monday, January 28, 2019

lemons and green leaves

My friend Ronda has this delicious lemon tree that I picked from last week.
I'm going back for more I think.
Maybe I should juice some for her while I'm at it.
They are the juiciest things ever!


One must multi task in this life right? Otherwise, how do you get things done?
I picked some olive branches off the trees in the back yard and put my lemons to sit in warm water. I don't know if it dilates them or what, but it sure helps with the juicing.


After removing the eucalyptus branches from the preserving liquid, I reduced the jars to three and filled with with olive branches. Off to that closet shelf they went. I am going to be so very patient and wait 4 weeks for these things. I have a tendency to think that something has sat long enough or the toaster is only 4 years old when really ... it's been here for 15 years. This time, I'm using the calendar.


The eucalyptus is out and drying for a week. My fingers are seriously crossed that I didn't take them out too soon. The bottom of the stems were black and the leaves felt like they should per the instructions. Please, please, please .... don't dry up! I have places for a few of you.


Onward to the lemons. I have cuts on my hands that aren't exactly fond of lemon juice. Gloves on and juicing action. I have enough juiced lemons right now to make gallons of lemonade. I could handle gallons more of it!


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment