Monday, May 27, 2019

moms day

This spring has been so unbelievably beautiful in the valley. The air still cool that I'm nearly at the "pinch me ... is this real?" point. Mother's Day was that kind of day.


Feet that have quickly reached the ground. One week they don't. The next week they reach with sandals on and then voila! bare feet on tile!

Just a little drool going on to complete the day.


Bocce ball in yard that is large enough to present an occasional challenge.


And what little boy doesn't need to make his own little game to rival the big boys? I didn't have a little white ball to complete the game which turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.


Cool enough for warm blankets on cool patio floors?


The most beautiful flowers. Ever.


Over this past weekend I went to hang them to dry them and made an amazing discovery. There are sprouts coming from every rose stem. Whaat?? I have never seen that! Now I don't know what to do. I can't seem to grow anything right now other than pointsettia plants ... roses?! Maybe I'll take the dead heads off and let some sit in water. I recently got rooting hormone ... maybe it is time to try it! If you have any great ideas ... please, please, please share them with me!

Being as I never manage to post anything on time anymore and am always running weeks behind anything ....

Happy Memorial Day! Special heartfelt thanks to those families who have made the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment