Monday, June 10, 2019

Dirt therapy

I got these absolutely beautiful roses for Mother's Day. 
I don't know what it is, but I like dried flowers. I like living flowers. I like all flowers.
I went to hang these to dry and saw new growth on them!
I've never seen that!!


So to the google I went. The glass half empty folks said it wouldn't work. The glass half full said it would work to dip them in rooting hormone and plant them. Some (my kind of peeps) said "what's it going to hurt to try it?"

I agreed.


Soak stems in water for a while.
Dip in rooting hormone and ...


plant them in potting soil. Recommended to be the magic organic variety that I don't have.
If they don't grow because my lack of attention, mayhaps I can blame the potting soil?
They went to live in the bedroom window behind the curtain where I am going to completely forget they exist. 

Can you see through the window where I have miniature earth moving equipment moving dirt piles?


The silver dollar eucalyptus tree that hubby took down is sprouting all kinds of new tree.
I'm giddy with joy.
Trying to start some trees out of that one.


And another one ...


Worst case scenario is it doesn't work. I toss the dead green turned brown and reuse the containers and soil. And try again!


Dirt therapy for years if I do this right!


Someone somewhere recommends wrapping them in a bag to keep them moist. Will see if this provides magical results.


My garden boxes are empty except for a few things of native cotton that I can't seem to get growing. My pointsettia plant is looking beautiful and I'm managing to kill lantana.
Go figure.

I should really go check soil moisture.

Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment