Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Whittling them down

My husband may be starving, but I'm getting stuff done.

Do you start projects and then find them so painful to finish that they sit and sit and sit?
Do you take them out and try really hard to work on them, only to put them back where you found them?
Do you ever think they should just hit the trash pile or the donation pile?
Do you think that maybe someone else will love it and finish it?

This little project has been one of those.
A baby blanket that is 36 squares total.
For some ridiculous reason I started doing these silly lines on the white squares.
I remember the reason I started, but it isn't her fault she said she likes those line things.
Once started, there was no way to stop.
Removing the blue strands would have left gaping holes.


Very recently I decided that it needed to get finished.
I am most serious about emptying out my stash of stuff.
Use it or lose it.

18 squares of lines are now done on this little blanket.
It is folded and stacked on top of another blanket top, both waiting for batting and backing.

Seriously, my finger tips may never be the same again.
The sense of accomplishment, tho', might rival a hike up a huge mountain.
Right to the very tippy top.

No comments:

Post a Comment