Sunday, August 11, 2019

sunday afternoon drive

A week ago we took a drive down paths we haven't traveled for a spell.
It was a tad on the warm side, so we sat in air conditioning and gazed at water.
Maybe we even tested it with our fingers and toes, but never jumped in.

A stop at Saguaro Lake to check out boat ramps and parking availability.
A beautiful spot!


The blurred out sign says something about no picnics allowed.
However, it had a table with the pictures so figured it was legal to eat my sandwich in the truck.


I have never tubed the Salt River, nor do I have any plans to do so but we went to take a look.
I didn't get any pictures of that one.
Fast moving and cold was my opinion.
And ... from when Jari was romping out there years ago ... a whole different place.

Next stop was the Verde River.
Now this is my river.
I have personal experience with this deceptively calm piece of nature.
I could kayak here for days.
String a hammock from one side to the other and just chill.


The sunsets during monsoon season are divine.
Dust in the air mixed with clouds ... dreamy.
I still haven't seen more than a few drips of rain this year.
Hope springs eternal!


Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment