Tuesday, August 13, 2019

this is real

I usually craft on the back patio, but it's hot out there.
And, to be honest, I really don't feel like hauling tools that way.
Double honest ... I really don't want to be lifting things too far right now.

Friday I had appointments.
In between those things I spent hours outside in the garage.
It wasn't exactly cool, but it was under 100 degrees!
Maybe a wee bit humid, but who really cares.
I have things to get done.
Quickly.

Does your garage look like this?
I actually park in here every day. I do.


Saturday was hours of this business.
Oh my gosh but it feels so good!
I have 3 pieces of furniture that need to be finished in relatively short order.
All 3 (well ... really there are 4) are going to Market in the November and are going white.
I've done many colorful things and find that white sells best.
At least I hope it continues to do that.


Meanwhile, Jari is inside working on the guest room.
We have visitors coming in several weeks so now he has a serious move on.
They are very special people, but the room was on the August To Do List anyway.
No baseboards or flooring is being changed anywhere in the house at this point.
This room lost the popcorn off the ceiling, outlets got moved up to 12" from the floor, texture and paint are in the works.


While Jari and I were both busy doing our respective projecting ... my angel Alyx came over with the boys.
The yard got raked and bagged.
I just did this about a month ago and she had 4 huge trash bags full when she was done!
Bless her heart!


My hubby does not like taping and mudding. Serious. He really doesn't like it at all.
The project is to the point of first coat of mud drying when I have an epiphany.
My epiphany's are equivalent to his "I was thinking ...." moments.
This one went like this: would it make sense to move the closets before we finish the walls and paint?
I'm not sure he's fond of my epiphany's. 
He assessed, measured, did some serious brain wave action thinking and ultimately decided to wait.

We are learning.
Every quick project lately turns into a huge can of worms once we start.
The ultimate plan is to move the closets (this one backs up to another in the 3rd bedroom) into the rooms a bit.
This will open up a hallway and entry from the house into the garage.
Presently, access into the garage is through a side door on the other side of the garage or through the big door.
It may take a bit more time than he ('cuz I'm busy doing my other stuffs) has in the next couple weeks .... it will wait.


Do you have any idea how blessed we are to have Home Depot a mere 1.8 miles down the road?
And ... 1.8 miles in each direction on top of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment