Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crab Salad

What is it that makes me want to feed people?
I love housefuls of people happily eating.
It's probably from my mother who has so lovingly fed so many over the years.
If someone isn't eating at my house I almost don't know what to do.
Maybe it's a Minnesota thing.
Maybe it's a Northern Minnesota thing.
Maybe it's a Finn thing.
Whatever it is, I enjoy it.
I do have a problem with little luncheon things.
I don't do those because I don't know how.
Guys filling plates with food. I got that down.
Thursday I was preparing to have a houseful over in the evening and chatting on the phone 
while I was preparing to cook my pasta for salad.
Renae (who I hadn't talked to in absolutely ages!) said Kevin had asked for my salad recently.
Occasionally I try brew up something else, but I really do love this one ...
enough that I'm sharing it.


Crab Salad

1/2 bag coleslaw mix
1 sm box spiral macaroni, cooked
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
Bacon bits or imitation crab (I've never used bacon bits because I'm a big fan of crab.)
  (Louis Kemp is best, with pcs of crab already cut up)
Parmesan cheese

Dressing (make ahead of time and refrigerate):
1 c mayonnaise
1/4 c sugar
1 T vinegar

Mix all ingredients except dressing. Toss with dressing right before serving.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could fly right over and have some salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I've got enough for another one just waiting for you!

      Delete
  2. We love doing this salad, but I always use the bacon. I fry real bacon already cut up in small pieces and then throw that in the salad. This is one of our favorite summer salads! ~Ramona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! Will have to try the bacon some time. I'm a huge fan of crab and pretty much start salivating at the thought. I don't reserve this salad for summer ... it goes year round with me!

      Delete
  3. Wish I was eating this salad with you!!! YUM. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were too. I think we've shared this salad more times than I could begin to count. Missing all of you!

      Delete