Monday, April 29, 2013

jalapeno dip

Garsh, but I do love trying out new things on other people!
Whoa!
I only meant food.
I promise not to subject them to my new cleaning compound
or a new scrub brush.
Food ... oh, yea, that I'll try.

Last weekend it was Jalapeno Dip.
In case you didn't know, I don't eat Mexican food.
I cook some things because my tribe likes them.
9 times out of 10 ... I eat something else ... like an omelet.
Do you see now?
I have a perfectly valid reason for trying out things on other folks!

Maybe this should be a whole new motto for my kitchen.
Guest tasted and approved. 
Thanks Jenny!


Jalapeno Dip

2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese
1/2 c mayonnaise
2 - 4 oz cans of diced jalapenos (undrained)
1 - 4 oz can of diced green chilies (undrained)
1 c parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded

Soften cream cheese in the microwave. (I just left mine out on the counter.) Add mayo and mix until smooth. Add jalapenos and green chilies and mix. Add 1/2 c of parmesan cheese, the cheddar cheese and mix. Pour into microwave safe dish. Top with the other 1/2 c of parmesan cheese.

Microwave for 4 or 5 minutes. To brown cheese, pop in the oven on broil for about 5 minutes.

** I skipped all microwave instructions. This recipe went into the fridge and sat until the next day when I plunked it into the oven to warm it up. Forgot all about the broiling at the end and they inhaled it anyway.
If you have those tender Northern Minnesota Finnish taste buds like mine .... play around with the amount of hot stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment