Monday, November 23, 2015

thankful for a full plate

I look at people whose lives are empty and wonder how they live without people.
My heart aches for those who have lost their families and then there are the others who have chosen that life. 
I can't understand it. 

In the last several weeks I have half heartedly threatened to get a hotel room for the weekend. I'll haul my crafty junk with me and just create for days straight. Leave the phone at home and just play. 

I won't do it ... the thought just sounds incredilbly inviting.  More so as the schedule fills leading into the busy holiday season and the equally busy spring. 

So I've taken to picking and choosing which events I can attend. Maybe it is getting older that does it. I have so many irons in the fire that I ought to just switch careers and become a blacksmith!

A few photos from the past weekend:

Pinterest ... Pinterest ... Pinterest
It is overload in the crafting senses. And I have these beautiful daughters who know just what I'm after and send me pin after pin. Makes me want to run to that hotel room. Right. Now. 
Not sure they would appreciate my power tools tho.
 

'Cause I do love tools! Amazon delivered a few boxes this week. In several of them were pieces and parts to make a Kreg Jig do some wonders. Had a few minutes on Friday to try it out. 
I'm thinking the week after Christmas might be filled with power tools at my house.
 

I haven't a clue what we are talking about. I do know that the weather has been very kind to us. I really would live outside if I could. And so would ....
 

these little guys. I really don't know what to do with this pool. I should fill it with sand for them. Maybe flip it the right direction first. Their moms had a yard sale on Saturday at my house ... means we were able to share in their company as well!
 

After the girls closed up shop on Saturday, Mummu and I went to find some treasures at other sales! She is a champion at this business!
 

A birthday party on Sunday afternoon. So happy to welcome Carol to the 50 club!! (She has grandkids as well ... can you tell?!)
 

And here I sit. Took the party hat off and found a parking lot.  As much as the electronic and connected world may be frustrating at times ... I'm connected to the big bad world on my cell phone ... waiting for the next event in my calendar to start this evening.


Then home to see the hubby who apparently is safe, thank goodness, in the colonoscopy (oh my lands. it just tried auto correcting to colposcopy!) department!

That's enough to keep you on your toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment