Monday, December 10, 2018

Christmas Dreams

When we moved into this house, all of the walls were the same color. So was the fireplace. Hubby decided that I really didn't want it ALL white and painted the seat part gray like the walls. It was probably a good idea ... I don't like to dust. So I plunked things in places, not really knowing where they would eventually end up. The outside walls are all block so hanging things requires a little forethought. Which means that things wait even longer.

The fireplace tho'. I have dreamed of a mantle for nigh on a million years or so. I was probably born dreaming of one to be honest. When we were looking at houses, dear hubby was seriously in dislike with any house that had a fireplace. And I was in serious like with them. Oh well. This house came with one and I think he realizes it isn't going anywhere. Ever.

It was just short a mantle.


Several weeks ago he made me one.  This husband of mine is a smart one. Creativity was a requirement of this little project. I did help. Seriously, I did. I've come to the conclusion that dark wood shows every bit of dust and am hopeful that a lighter tone will hide a bit more.

What is not to love about this? Christmas came early for me and I am thrilled.

Things may move around up there on the mantle before Christmas shows up. Short trees might get higher and all that kind of good stuff. If I'm inspired and have extra minutes ... it might just happen.


The stockings were hung. The stockings that probably took decades to finish. The stockings that are going to be with me a very long time. They aren't being filled anymore ... just admired.


Christmas decor may not go down this year.
I really, really like it up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment