Monday, December 17, 2018

The joy of littles at Christmas

Christmas is knocking on the door once again.
How does the year fly by like this?
The pulla and prune tarts have been in the freezer for about a week.
The piirakkas .. I bought at Market so we have that covered.

Then there are the cookies.
I've pared down my baking considerably. A few favorites and this year I didn't double any recipe. If it makes 2.5 dozen ... that's what we're getting. Period.

I don't know what I did on Friday other than crawl out of bed at 4:00 a.m. I went to a class at work for several hours and then I cranked out work around here. I really don't know what that work was. Must have been stuff I felt needed to get done because I'm feeling on top of things. 

And then I crashed in the rocking chair and my eyeballs woke up at 9 pm. 
Is there a better hour to start making cookie dough?
All the dough was made and chilling in the fridge before I went to sleep. (Mind you ... I didn't double anything.)
Saturday we needed to leave the house shortly after 10:30 in the morning.
The oven hummed, the cookies whizzed right on through there, the pretzels got dipped ....
everything but the decorating of cookies was done before we left.

And then the little people came over to help in the afternoon.
The ornaments made it onto the tree and it was time for sprinkles!


It quickly went out of control. I had thought to send the mom of these charmers out for several hours while I did this business with the boys. Good thing she didn't leave! Even with two adults ... it took me 20 minutes of vacuum activity to get the sprinkles up off the floor!


Seriously good stuff.


The day was one that called for us to be outside.
That shovel is the coolest thing. The boys love it. They love to dig ankle bustin' holes all over the place. Sebastian keeps looking for treasure. One of these days I am going to remember to pick up some special treasures and bury them. Should probably put that on a post it somewhere.


I have the biggest helpers ever. Alyx was hauling the big pieces for me ... hoping to put herself into labor. It hasn't worked so far. This little guy is a serious wood stacker. And mover. And restacker.


All while Jari got the shower working in our sauna. 
I can't wait to share it with you!

We need to schedule a bonfire nite with hot chocolate and marshmallows and two little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment