Friday, February 15, 2019

dishwasher dysfunction

Friday evening, after a day of baking and creating, 
I loaded up the dishwasher and went to turn it on.
No power.
Nothing.
Dishwasher dead.
Whaaat???!!!
It is plugged into an outlet under the sink that proved to have no power to it at all.
Our breakers make no sense for now.
One breaker might turn off half a bedroom and half the dining room.
I ran around trying to see if anything else wasn't working.
Nope. Everything was good.
So I ran an extension cord into the house and hooked up the dishwasher.
Voila!
The miracle that is electricity flowed right through that cord and the dishwasher lit up.


So I ran the load of dishes with the cord stretched out the door.
Jari couldn't figure it out.
Maybe it was jumpered off another box on the wall?
Who knows.
This cord thing worked.
We have company coming to stay but I figured I'd just tuck that extension cord under the sink and pull it out to an outlet when I needed to.


Don't you just love a floor that needs a broom?!

I was in the other room and hubby called for me.
Said he figured it out!
Told me to stand and look at the area just above the dishwasher.
I did and didn't see anything except that I apparently sprayed paint all over the thing that holds my scrubbies while I was cleaning a paint brush. (Am I the only one that cleans their brushes in the kitchen sink?)

And then he pointed it out to me.
That little switch on the wall was flipped.
I had no clue what that little switch was for.
Had no idea why it would be taking up wall space when it did nothing.


Apparently, it has a very important job.
Unless you like washing dishes by hand ... it powers the outlet where the dishwasher plugs in!

Good to go bake some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment