Monday, February 18, 2019

they're here!

I may not be really crazy about the idea of my parents traversing the country anymore,
but I am so very glad they are here safely.
They raced out of Minnesota ahead of a storm last week and safely arrived
at our home on Wednesday.
We get the pleasure of their company for two weeks.
Or longer if we can convince them.


Grandma has found her spot.


She and I love to create things. She has been a quilter for a long time and it became very difficult when eyesight started going. Now she's sporting these fancy specs that allow her to sew again! It may take a few attempts, but she can actually thread a needle! I can't imagine having to give up the things I enjoy. The very things that bring you pleasure and peace. I'm so very glad that she is able to enjoy fabric in her hands again. In fact, I am sending quilt pieces home with her. I took a quilt down with me several years ago and haven't even started to look at it. She is going to try get it done before the fair next summer. I'm guessing she will.


Sebastian and his great grandpa.
They're buddies.


It is cool weather for those of us who live here year round and
have systems that also need to tolerate 120 degrees.
For the visitors, who have been trying to keep warm in negative temps, it is a treat.


They arrived in time for dear hubby to do some Valentine shopping ...
for both of the women here.
He's a keeper.
For sure.


I didn't manage a photo, but Sunday we had Jane and Hazel for lunch after church.
So fun to have Jane in the home where parts of her heart still live.
Fun afternoon with friends.

Looking forward to a busy week with more family and friends in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment