Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Four months of silence


Four months.
Four long months.
I am amazed that for four months I have been quiet on this blog and am at a loss as to why.

I am not a setter of New Year’s resolutions. Never have been. I probably tried and found it much easier not to suffer constant failure. I do attempt to set some goals and hopefully get close to achieving at least something along those lines. One step closer is always better than no step at all.

Maybe part of the reason this has become difficult is that I need to sit at my computer to make this happen. I upload photos on my phone unless I want to email them to myself every time, which has become quite a daunting task. Not my favorite thing to do anymore. I find it amazing that, at one time in my life, all uploaded photos came from my camera. They required uploading and editing before they ever hit a blog. Yet somehow I managed that and a house full of children at the same time. Now we are down to the two of us and it is a challenge to post anything.

Is it that there are so very many things on my Want To Do List that I can't seem to give them all the time and attention they deserve?

My goal this year is to come visit you at least once a week. May not be much but I do know that there are some of you who will read this to see updates on our life and what we are up to. (And goodness but do I have some catching up to do!) Perhaps my thinking cap won’t be on it and you won’t get any deeply meaningful and heart heavy writings, but maybe I can make you laugh once in a while. Or at least you can shake your head at me.

Let’s just wing this and see how it goes.

As I write this, it is Sunday late afternoon, about 5:00 PM. The sun is going to soon start to set. The hawks are not in the yard today. The chickens are at peace. The weather is absolutely divine. Life is incredibly good.

Have a blessed New Year.

May health be abundant in your life and joy your faithful companion.

*** And now it is Tuesday evening, 9:17pm, and I am finally sitting to finish this. I voice dictated on Sunday. This post should see you at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow morning in the Pacific Time Zone. Go figure.

1 comment: