Friday, January 10, 2020

Instapot Yogurt Success

I can’t believe this was six weeks ago that I was out black Friday shopping. I actually braved the morning and ran to the Fry’s grocery store for some items that I wanted from there. It was a rainy morning and the parking lot was emptier than I have ever seen it on a regular trip to the store. I filled my cart with all kinds of goodies and headed for the checkout in record time. As the woman was ringing up my purchases she said, "you don’t want the Instapot that’s on sale for $49.99?" I hadn't gone there for that item and it wasn't on my brain. She proceeded to sell me on the great deal and why not? It was much less expensive than the smaller ones I had just sent as Christmas gifts. To make a long story short ...I paid the price she quoted which ended up being about $34 less than it should have been. Really.  I should have picked up several of them!

I finally took it out of the box but am scared to use it. Why? I have used a pressure cooker many times for canning things but never for cooking food. This must be much safer than the contraption I can with.


My girls will talk me through my fear, I am guessing, because they are making meals with them like champs. I did try the yogurt business last week. Wow! Much easier to run to the grocery store refrigerator section and fill my cart.  So eight hours of cooking and another at least eight hours of chilling and I have yogurt. I didn’t add the sweetener this recipe calls for and just made it plain. Enough to pucker up right quick. I love honey for sweetener so dumped a whole bunch of that and some blueberries and it is actually very delicious.


No additives. No fake flavors. No fake anything. I did add vanilla to the entire batch when it was done, but I make my own. And ... lactose free milk! How good can this get?!

Now I wonder if I can use the yogurt that’s left for a starter for the next yogurt. Has anyone done this?

If you have any other Instapot miracle recipes… Share them with me please!

I promise (hand over my heart) to share any that I find and love with you.

First though, I am going to hard boil eggs and see if my kitchen is still in one piece when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment