Monday, January 20, 2020

Fun Holiday??!!


Last Saturday I learned that this holiday exists.
Like who comes up with these things?
Why would one celebrate ditching their New Year's Resolutions and who would consider giving up fun?
Okay, I don't make them but consider replacing the NYR with goals.

Are you really willing to just give up after 17 days? 17 DAYS??!!!

I am a goal setter.
Many of mine are the short term goals.
My goals for today, tomorrow, this week, this month.
I am a serious maker of lists.
Written or highlighted in colors. I do love color and lists that show accomplishments.
I have written goals for where I want to be at the end of the year and in 5 years.

Way back when I needed to see accomplishments that were hard won, my lists were even more broken down. Wash Laundry. Fold Laundry. Put Laundry Away. In the middle of feeding little people, changing diapers, wiping spills, giving hugs/kisses, running bigger kids to and from numerous places .... it was sometimes the only progress I could see. In those days where accomplishments were hard to see, it helped.

Do I always achieve everything on my lists of today?
Absolutely not!
There are some that get carried over to the next day, week, month or year.
Sometimes it depends on the level of my distraction, other times life just interferes and other things take a place of importance. That's sorta life.
Does that mean I just make a national day for giving up on all of them?

Not if I want to get anything done or reach personal/professional goals in my life.

I'm a getter donner kind of gal.
I need lists to help me focus on what I need to get done or it just twirls around in my brain and gets lost in there somewhere.
I may put off things that are most uncomfortable for me. (I'm working on that and it hurts.)

National Give It All Up Cuz You're Tired of Trying Day?
Nope. Never.
That's sad.

Certainly doesn't teach our children much about sticktoittiveness. 

Happy Go Get 'Em Day!

Just in case you're inclined to celebrate this holiday, I'll help you out. It falls on January 17 every year. It doesn't follow the moon, sun or snow patterns. Same month. Same day. Every. Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment