Thursday, February 13, 2020

Missing Duke


I have a favorite eating spot that is a treat once in a while.
Usually on the way to visit with a certain special family.
We roll in, I get my mushroom swiss burger with truffle sauce on the side.
We head back out to the parking lot and head to share cups of coffee.

Friday evening we came out to the car and this boy was looking at us from the car parked next to ours. The back seat window was open and he was watching us. Not in a threatening manner, just watching. And ... he is a spittin' image of our special Duke who has been gone for a while now.  I didn't dare get close enough to climb in my side of car. Jari was about to back out of the space when the owner arrived, profusely apologizing. We got to meet Xander ... a spittin' image for sure and as friendly as could be. I was going to give the owner a business card just in case he needed to find the rescued dog a new home. He wasn't one bit interested.

Shucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment